Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rainbow Roots


A cold winter morning with a warm cheery friend at the Farmer's market is a great way to spend a Saturday.  Kim and I were out the door with the dawn, on the grounds early to tour the stands with local roasted coffee in hand. The bell rang and the stands started selling!  I brought home a RAINBOW of veg.

  • Rainbow carrots
  • Red, Yellow and Orange Beets
  • Rainbow Swiss Chard
  • Parsnips
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Red and White Spring Onions
There is a new vendor at our farmer's market that made my heart pitter patter, a PIG vendor. I brought home some Czech style bacon and have an order in for a nice pork belly and English style bacon in two weeks. He also has sausages, homemade mustards, pickles, and is playing around with even more bacons. Hmmmm, I am in oinky heaven.

I rounded out the bag with a fresh loaf of Ciabatta and a loaf of Cheddar Jalapeno Sourdough. Of course a sit down and chat with a chocolate croissant made the morning perfect. :) Happy meals are in the works.

2 comments:

Lisa 8:49 PM  

Literally happiness inside and out! wow! I'm envious in a good way.

(haha my word verification is dingly!)

Nicole 2:55 PM  

I'm Lisa on this. I'm envious in a good kind of way. I miss year round farmers markets so much. There are a few here, but the drive is long - and there is nothing local about it because of that. I need my farmers market to be local. Just feels wrong otherwise.

What a wonderful way to start the weekend!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP