Friday, September 02, 2011

Where the Nicole things are...

We are two weeks into a new school year. Life has been slightly busy with new school routines, loads of homework, work ( both for me a Casey who has been local for the last 2 weeks), dogs, lack of rain and the resulting weather watching, cooking and triple checking our schedules to make sure I didn't miss anything.

But in the little moments I have been busy planning something special just for me! I can officially say that in November I will be making my first return trip to California in seven and a half years! Can you feel the excitement?! I am seriously bursting with it!

It all started with a new play list on my iPod. It was heavy with the haunting romantic duets from The Civil Wars. I jokingly quipped to Sarah that I was trying to justify a trip to Paris to see them. She replied that she could do a trip to Los Angeles, could I? And BAM there I was planning a serious trip to Cali for a concert with a friend I haven't seen in 17 years. Pretty soon we rolled a day at Disneyland into the mix and plans to be in different areas to see local friends. And it really came together when we bought plane tickets.

And that is how I will be back in California before the year end. I can barely stop myself from jumping up and down and squeeing with joy all day long!

To get a taste of what lured me out of Texas, check out this song. It is heart breaking, beautiful, and so rich with real life!

3 comments:

Lisa 11:43 AM  

Yay!!! I really miss you, and I better be able to see you!!!!

Sarah 10:22 PM  

I AM SOSOSOSOSO SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!


I think I just peed a little.

Nicole 1:55 PM  

SEVEN AND HALF YEARS!?! Wow. Girl. EPIC.

Also, I really dig The Civil Wars too. I can't wait to hear how they are live (which is to say, I'm sure they're breathtaking).

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP